+30 210 6383503
+30 210 6383510
The Pediatric Cardiology Department provides quality healthcare services for early diagnosis and comprehensive management of all pediatric cardiology cases.
It is equipped with the latest technology, fully organized and staffed with qualified medical and nursing staff.
The Pediatric Cardiology Department fulfills the following needs:
- Diagnoses and treats congenital and acquired heart diseases and cardiac arrhythmias.
- Performs prenatal screening in fetuses with complex family medical history, who run an increased risk of developing a heart condition.
- Diagnoses and treats congenital and/or acquired heart problems in neonates. Performs heart monitoring of neonates hospitalized for non-heart-related issues.
- Performs heart monitoring of pediatric inpatients.
- Offers cardiac support at the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
- Receives and manages cardiology cases 24/7 by a Pediatric Cardiologist on duty at the Outpatient Clinic.
- Runs a regular Pediatric Cardiology Outpatient Clinic for circulatory system problems.
To meet these needs, the Pediatric Cardiology Department has set up:
- Cardiology Clinic: It operates as an integrated unit and is located in the same area with the Cardiac Surgery Clinic. Both Clinics share 10 patient beds. It boasts all necessary medical technology for top-quality hospitalization. It is equipped with: wireless vital sign monitoring system, central oxygen supply, IV infusion pumps for solutions, defibrillator, external pacemaker, electrocardiogram machine (ECG).
Cardiac Catheterization Lab: It performs diagnostic and therapeutic cardiac and peripheral nerve catheterization, as well as pacemaker placement.
The Lab is equipped with cutting-edge technology, including:
- State-of-the-art digital angiography machine, able to perform high-speed (50f/sec) 1040 p analysis rotational 3D digital subtraction angiography (DSA), while being connected to a 3D (RT) echo device.
- Anesthesia tower for patients of all ages (from low birth weight preterm neonates to adults)
- Automated blood gas analyzer
- Patient transport monitors with blood and/or bloodless vital sign monitoring
- Storage tower for storing all the findings and recordings in high-resolution digital format
- Echocardiography Lab: The Lab performs transthoracic, transesophageal and fetal echos, as well as stress tests, while it is equipped with 3 echo devices (two portable and one 3D), connected to the Hospital’s central storage unit, for comprehensive filing of our young patients’ examinations.
- Cardiac Arrhythmia Study Lab: It conducts heart rate and blood pressure Holter monitoring, stress tests, autonomous nervous system tests, and pacemaker functionality testing and setting adjustment. It has three mobile recorders and an automated Holter analyzer, as well as comprehensive technological equipment for the safe conduct of treadmill stress tests.
- Regular Outpatient Clinic: It is open daily, mornings and afternoons.
Our dedicated and qualified nursing staff, in cooperation with the entire medical team, also sees to the mental wellbeing of young patients and their parents.
Associate Professor Vasileios D. Thanopoulos, Scientific Associate / Coordinator
Dr. Georgios Tsaousis, Director
Georgia Konstantopoulou - Associate Director