+30 210 6383510
The Department of Pediatric Cardiology & Hemodynamics at IASO Children’s Hospital was established along with the Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Clinic to provide a high standard of healthcare services to children with heart conditions and respond to the following needs:
- Diagnosis and treatment of congenital and acquired heart diseases in children whose parents place their trust with the Private Health Sector.
- Prenatal cardiology examination in fetuses with serious family history, running an increased risk of developing a heart condition.
- Diagnosis and treatment of congenital and/or acquired heart conditions in neonates. Monitoring of heart function in neonates hospitalized for non heart-related issues.
- Cardiac monitoring of children hospitalized in the Department of Pediatrics and Surgery Clinics.
- Cardiac support in the Pediatric-Neonatal ICU and the Cardiac ICU.
- Immediate and full response to heart-related emergencies at the Outpatient Department on a 24/7 basis.
- Regular Pediatric Cardiology Outpatient Clinics for cardiovascular system disorders.
To cover the above needs, the Department of Cardiology has set up:
- CARDIOLOGY CLINIC: It operates as an integrated unit and is located in the same area with the Cardiac Surgery Clinic-both Clinics share 10 beds. It is fully equipped with all the required equipment to ensure a high level of healthcare services.
The Clinic boasts: Wireless vital signs monitoring, central oxygen supply system, IV medication infusion pumps, defibrillator, external pacemaker, ECG recorder.
- HEMODYNAMICS: The laboratory performs all diagnostic and therapeutic cardiac and peripheral vascular catheterizations as well as pacemaker placement.
The laboratory boasts:
- State-of-the-art digital angiography system with the ability to conduct 3D high rotational speed (50f/sec) and high resolution (1040p.) subtraction angiography, connected to a 3D (RT) ECG recorder.
- Anesthesia tower for patients of all ages (from pre-term low-birth-weight neonates to adults)
- Automated blood gas analyzer
- Transport monitors with blood and/or bloodless vital signs monitoring
- Storage tower for all findings and recordings in high resolution digital format
- ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY LABORATORY: We perform transthoracic, transesophageal and fetal ECGs, as well as Stress Tests.
The laboratory boasts 3 ECG recorders (2 portable and one 3D), featuring integrated storage units for the comprehensive filing of our young patients’ examinations.
- REGULAR OUTPATIENT CLINICS: They are daily run, mornings and evenings (except Friday and bank holidays)