The 9th IASO Children's Hospital Online Scientific Meeting on “Contemporary Pediatric Issues” will take place on Saturday 29 May 2021at 09:00. During the Meeting, distinguished scientists spanning all pediatric specialties will present interesting pediatric cases via live streaming, as well as the new methods applied today in pediatrics, while there will also be a special segment on COVID-19. The Meeting is held under the auspices of the Hellenic Academy of Pediatrics and is addressed to pediatricians, doctors of all pediatric sub-specialties, obstetricians/gynecologists and all healthcare professionals in general
The main topics that will be discussed during the Meeting include:
- Antibody assessment after COVID-19vaccination
- COVID-19 and manifestations in the Central Nervous System
- Pregnancy and neonatal care with COVID-19
- Skin manifestations in COVID-19
- Immunoresponses in COVID-19
- Vaccines against COVID-19
- The role of the nurse in Pediatrics
- Small-for-gestational age (SGA) newborns, from birth to adulthood
- Blood disorders after infections
- Central Nervous System tumors in children
- Common congenital heart conditions in children and modern cardiac surgery treatment
- Cardiac arrhythmias in children. What should the pediatrician know?
- Nephrolithiasis in childhood
- Common orthopedic problems
- Varicocele repair in superselective spermatic vein transection & microscopic subinguinal approach using a VITOM 3D exoscope
- Pilodinal cyst treatment in children using the EPSiT technique and laser
- Laparoscopic treatment of congenital megacolon
Speakers will then present additional interesting pediatric cases involving COVID-19 and Congenital diaphragmatic hernia. At the end of the Meeting, a special mention will be made to the participation of IASO Children's Hospital in the international study “Best Available Treatment Study (BATS) for Childhood Inflammatory diseases associated with SARS-CoV-2 (MIS-C/PIMS-TS)”.
The Scientific Head of the Meeting is Ms. Theodota Liakopoulou-Tsitsipi, Associate Director of Medical Services and Director of the 1st Pediatric Clinic at IASO Children's Hospital.
Attendance is free through www.nowcongress.gr