The Course "Early diagnosis and treatment of neurodevelopmental disorders and atypical development from the 1st to the 18th month of life" will take place from 12 to 17 March 2019 and from 5 to 10 April 2019, at the premises of IASO Children’s Hospital.
The Course is jointly organized by the Department of Pediatric Neurology and the Department of Pediatric Physical Therapy of IASO Children’s Hospital, and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of IASO.
Moreover, it is adapted to the modern Theoretical Principles of NeuroRehabilitation, intended for Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Speech Therapists, on condition that participants hold the NDTBOBATH Method Certificate, and includes both theory and “hands-on” parts.
At the Course, the participants will have the opportunity to:
- identify and understand the communication-sensory-motor-perceptual development in infants (0-18 months) in relation to environmental factors;
- expand their observation, assessment and analysis skills, as well as communication, play and everyday skills in 0-18 month-old infants, by identifying their sensory-motor, perceptual and cognitive abilities;
- identify and interpret existing or potential constraints in infants, following multidisciplinary assessment;
- develop skills that will help infants make positive changes and minimize constraints and secondary conditions; and
- familiarize themselves with the process of family integration into therapeutic interventions in relation to the activities of infants (communication, interaction, food, ADL, play and mobility).