Prompted by the International Ear & Hearing Care Day, IASO Children’s Hospital offers you a clinical evaluation by a Pediatric ENT, a pediatric audiogram and a tympanogram for school-age children, at the nominal price of 30€.
Early diagnosis and management of hearing disorders constitutes an essential requirement for a child’s physiologic speech development and normal mental, social and learning progress.
The offer is valid for all those to book their appointment from Thursday 3 March to Friday 11 March 2016, by calling at +30 210 6383070 – 2 & 210 6383917.
A few words about the Department of Audiology
The Department of Audiology at IASO Children’s Hospital conducts the whole range of audiologic diagnostic tests. The Department is fully organized and equipped with state-of-the-art medical equipment.
The Department of Audiology performs audiologic evaluations in children who:
- failed the initial hearing screening test (mass screening) or have not been subjected to it yet
- manifest delayed speech development
- manifest delayed psychomotor development
- manifest recurrent otitides (ear infections).
Within the framework of preventive screening, our Department also performs investigations in preschoolers and, in rare cases, children manifesting vertigo and balance disorders.
The diagnostic lab tests conducted at our Department are:
- Pure-tone audiometry (PTA)
- Determination of acoustic reflexes
- Transient evoked otoacoustic emissions (TEOAEs)
- Distortion product otoacoustic emissions (DPOAEs)
- Automated auditory brainstem response (a-ABR)
- Auditory brainstem response (ABR)
- Auditory steady state response (ASSR)
- Videonystagmography with irrigation
- Vestibular evoked myogenic potentials (VEMPs)